Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Daytime Heroes: Mighty Hercules tries to break Medusa's Sceptre (1963)

Mighty Hercules has his hands full with the wizard Daedalus and "Medusa's Sceptre" in this 1963 short. Producer-Director Joe Oriolo is better known for his work on Felix The Cat, and writers Jack Miller & George Kashdan are more associated with DC Comics. Kashdan did some writing for Filmation a few years later on their DC adaptations.



Daedalus never learns, as he kept coming back again and again.

Rating: B-.

2 comments:

magicdog said...

I had seen this toon on one of the UHF stations which my TV picked up from NJ. It was fair, but even then I'd seen better.

In fact, since I knew of Daedalus from the many Greek Myths we read about in school, I was disappointed he was made some two bit villain in these shorts when he really wasn't.

hobbyfan said...

So I understand. I guess they felt they needed someone to be an arch-rival to Herc, and went to the ol' Velcro dart board to see what stuck.