Friday, December 5, 2014

Countdown to Christmas: Christmas Comes But Once A Year (1936)

I think the last time Max Fleischer's "Christmas Comes But Once a Year" aired on TV was on Cartoon Network's now-defunct Toon Heads anthology series, and eventually, we'll get to that. For right now, though, let's take a look at this Golden Age Yuletide treat.

Update, 12/20/23: Fleischer Cartoons placed a copyright claim on the last copy. This time, we pulled one from Fleischer Cartoons' own YouTube channel.



A break from the usual for the Fleischer studio. As we saw with Popeye's holiday shorts, the Fleischers know how to do Christmas right.

Rating: A-.

2 comments:

Steven Dolce said...

P.S. The video is blocked.

hobbyfan said...

Not anymore it isn't, Steven. Just found a new copy.

I didn't see this until I was an adult, so I didn't have the same reaction you did. I did feel for the orphans, of course.