Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentoon Week: Give Your Love To Me (1969)

Opulent7 brings us this nugget from the Cattanooga Cats, with Kitty Jo on lead vocals. "Give Your Love To Me" might've spurred some young'uns into their first dates back in the day.

For what it's worth, Mike Curb produced the music for the show and for Ken Snyder's 2 freshman entries on ABC that same 1969-70 season: Hot Wheels & Skyhawks. Talk about busy, and, yet, to excuse the obvious pun, he gets kicked to the curb in favor of Don Kirshner, whom Hanna-Barbera hired to serve as a music supervisor starting with season 2 of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?, when it became obvious that H-B wanted to replicate the success Kirshner enjoyed with the Archies.......

4 comments:

magicdog said...

Is it just me, or does Kitty Jo remind you of Daphne from Scooby Doo?

I enjoy the Cattanooga Cats' music, but I haven't seen anything released on CD. I did find the original vinyl album at times available for sale for up to 300 bucks!

I didn't know Kirshner had joined up with HB at this point. I only remember seeing his name in the creditsd for "The Chan Clan" back in '72 and shortly after that he turned up on "DK's Rock Concert".

hobbyfan said...

Kirshner worked for H-B from 1970-72, and left before they developed Butch Cassidy, which he would've almost certainly been involved with. Check the credits to Josie & the Pussycats & Harlem Globetrotters, and you'll find his name there, too.

Geed said...

The Cattanooga Cats are a weird one for me. Weird in the fact that I never knew about them during the 70's and only when I caught them on Cartoon Network a few years back! I keep asking WB Archives about a dvd set and last time I asked the person tweeted "We put out Sealaab 2020...anything is possible".

hobbyfan said...

Geed: If you push them hard enough, they'll finally do a DVD. After all, the series turns 45 next year.