Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Saturday Morning's Greatest Hits: In The Rest of My Life (1972)

From The Osmonds comes "In The Rest of My Life", as uploaded by girlofOs. I don't know the title of the episode it comes from, but you can tell the plot. Jimmy has swapped places with a UK lookalike. Whether this was a "Prince & The Pauper" type deal or a kidnapping, I don't know.

As was the case with the previous year's Jackson 5ive, the British animation team of Halas & Bachelor handled the character designs, since the dance moves are strikingly similar to those of the Jacksons.......

Edit, 9/2/17: Unfortunately, girlofOs' YouTube account appears to have been terminated, as the video was deleted. The episode, "Jimmy & James in London", from whence we get "In The Rest of My Life", isn't available online, but when it does become available, or there's another clip of the song, we'll have it up.

4 comments:

Geed said...

I vaguely remember the Osmonds cartoon as opposed to the Jackson Five which I think got played in reruns more often. I wonder if they'll ever get a dvd release like that Jackson recently got.

hobbyfan said...

It all depends on the Osmonds themselves, seeing as how they may hold the rights to the short-lived animated series. How else to explain why it hasn't resurfaced in reruns, even when Donny was doing his variety show with Marie?

magicdog said...

Holy Cow!

I've never seen so much repeating animation in my life!! I was getting dizzy!

For all the grief HB and Filmation got for doing that, this episode sequence beats them both!

hobbyfan said...

Rankin-Bass did the same thing with the Jackson 5ive's dance sequences, if you recall, so, yeah, they're just as guilty. It's called producing on the cheap.