Thursday, July 12, 2012

You Know the Voice: Joe Alaskey

This edition of You Know The Voice is a little special because our subject hails from my home district in upstate New York.

Impressionist-voice actor Joe Alaskey is originally from Watervliet, one of those rare, fortunate talents who've made it big in Hollywood coming from New York State's Tri-Cities (Albany, Schenectady, Troy, and its surrounding environs). In front of the cameras, Joe has appeared on Out of This World, Hollywood Squares (during the John Davidson era, when World was on the air at the same time), and the usual talk shows. Here, Joe appears on the cable series, Comedy Tonight, which, if memory serves me, aired on TBS, long before they began billing themselves as a comedy-centric network. Ya know, pilgrims, I'm not exactly sure if Joe & I ever met before he moved West. Oh, to think of what might've been if I'd actually known the guy..........

Uploaded to YouTube by Misteresoteric:


No comments: