Monday, February 20, 2012

Animated World of DC Comics: The Super Friends enter a "Haunted House" (1980)

I've been meaning to post this one for a long time, but couldn't find a copy that I could use an embedding code for, until I found this print.

Anyway, there is one flaw in this short story. I'm sure you'll see it as we go along. Casey Kasem (Robin) has a dual role in this one, as he also voices one of the teens. Come to think of it, that couldn't have been too hard. They could've asked him to use his Shaggy voice from Scooby-Doo.

Edit, 12/11/22: The video was deleted. In its place is a title card.


Rating: B.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you meddling Superfriends and your space monkey."

hobbyfan said...

Ok, I left myself open for that one.

magicdog said...

If it weren't for the appearance of Batman and Robin to ultimately save the day, this short could have easily been another Wonder Twins PSA adventure.

You know, they never did give a reason why the cemetary caretaker did what he did. Was he just supposed to be a generically crazy old coot?

How the hell do you control a bunch of bugs anyway?? Have you even tried to give an ant a command??

hobbyfan said...

That's the trouble with the shorts. Lots of action, little plotting in terms of common sense. The flaw I referred to, BTW, was the Twins deactivating separately, which doesn't normally happen. Whomever wrote the script fumbled the ball!